Wednesday 23 June 2010

Anthropology and Education

Hello everyone! Althought I did not go to class, at home I do the activity for yesterday.

Today I try to write about a subject that interested me, which is education, linking with it the discipline that I study: Anthropology. I say it will be an attempt because you do not quite understand how I can relate the two disciplines or anthropology with this aspect of society.
I think all of us students realize the educational crisis of our country, where mainly criticizes the "quality" of the education system, whether formal or university system. I think this question of quality is based on inequality between the students universe, if the content and activities that take place in school and collage are appropriate for the goals of education... final: why educate? What good is education? What tools is giving us? Clearly, it is believed that education as articulated today is not providing sufficient tools to their students; there is a reproduction of patterns instead of a formation or creation of individuals.

From what I have learned and reflected, I think that anthropology can help in this issue by providing information about the relation of the content according to cultural groups, namely, really serves an educational system as homogeneous, being that our society is composed of different cultures or lifestyles? In addition, Anthropology can help validate the speeches and point of view of the beneficiaries of education, because I believe that until you heard or consider what they think, not is able to make significant changes in the educational system.

In this way, Anthropology can bring about changes in the country if it proposed it in and out if his circle of scholars.

No comments:

Post a Comment