Tuesday 18 May 2010

I love Chilean music

I love Chilean music, I think that this king of music have much content and to represent the “be Chilean”.
The styles that I like are rock, funk and folklore. I love dance cueca and I like the letters of the songs. The dance consist in the conquest of the men toward the woman, therefore the woman is directed by dance, contrary to dance salsa or merengue. There are different types of the cueca like Argentinean, Peruvian and Bolivian. But there are diverse kings inside of the Chilean territory, too, for example there are the northern cueca, “cueca porteña”, “cueca chora”, “cueca brava”, “cueca chilota” and “cueca campesina”. I like all because each transmit particular histories of the persons that to compose. These songs transmit the culture of a part of the Chilean people.
I am a fan of Chilean rock groups, principally of Chancho en Piedra, Weichafe and Fother Muckers. In the case of Weichafe is a group of heavy rock that is separated; there to separated in the 2009, where have ten years. The others groups still are together.
Anyway, I like singer-songwriter such as Manuel García, Camila Moreno, Chinoy and Victor Jara. Victor Jara has a history very special because he was victim of the military period of our country and he gave his life for his dream.
From the above is clear because I have trouble English. I listen only Chilean music because is the music that more represent me.

3 comments:

  1. There are countries in África that have dances like the cueca, and in the Caribe too. It`s very interesting to see like people of other cultures doing something that we know so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also likes lot of chilean bands. Today, there are several new bands and singer, and they play really good music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chilean's music is very interesting, but a like some gruop whit "los tres", "lucibel", and other. This music don't like very much i have admit i like the argentinian's music whit Charly Garcia or Soda stereo.
    Bye

    ReplyDelete